Risen is a single-player fantasy-themed action role-playing game published by Deep Silver.
Faranga is a fictitious volcanic, mediterranean island with different sub-climates and vegetation zones. The island is inhabited by humans, as well as many fantastic creatures.
Recently, ancient temple ruins have risen from the ground, providing access to a network of interconnected underground areas such as catacombes and dungeons. As a result, the humans have put in place an Inquisition, forbidding anyone from exiting their city or the island.
In the intro cinematic you see the player's character and Sara sneaking around on a small ship in the middle of stormy seas. As they get to deck, they see the Inquisitor, calling out to a Titan in the seas. The giant Titan rises through the waves, shrieking at the Inquisitor. The Inquisitor tries to battle the creature, but he realizes that the battle is lost and teleports off of the boat. Seconds later the Titan smashes the boat into little bits, sending Sara and the unnamed protagonist into the depths. The player character wakes up on the shores of Faranga in the midst of the storm, surrounded by dead bodies. Both he and Sara are unharmed.
Key Features :
• A new authentic, believable and rough fantasy world without barriers
• Complete freedom of action and a dynamic main storyline with countless side quests and several solution methods
• New “Town AI“: Non-Player Characters with their own daily routines, collective intelligence and distinct social structures
• Innovative combat and magic system with intuitive controls and tactical depth
• Unique dungeons with lethal enemies and treacherous traps
• Complete voice output in all of the gaming world’s dialogues with professional actors and a context-sensitive soundtrack